We gathered 5 easy to follow recipes from our foodie friends to level up your ECQ meals! Let’s get cooking.
- DAK-GANGYEONG/ KOREAN FRIED CHICKEN WINGS FROM @FORKSPOONMANILA
- Vegetable oil
- 1 kg Chicken Wings
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp lemon juice with lemon zest (optional)
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp gochujang
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- Toasted sesame seeds for garnish
- CLASSIC ADOBO FROM @EATSPLORATIONS
- Canola oil
- Soy sauce
- Brown Sugar
- Star anise 3-4 pieces
- Laurel leaf 3-4 leaves
- Crushed Garlic 5 or more cloves
- Chicken Drumsticks
- Heat 2-3 tbsp of oil
- Brown the drumsticks
- Add garlic, peppercorns, anise, laurel leaves, vinegar, soy sauce
- Let the ingredients simmer
- Add brown sugar
- Adjust as you go along, this is a sweet style adobo
*Water to balance
*PRO TIP: Always more soy sauce and sugar than vinegar for the sweet salty and sour balance.
- CLASSIC CARBONARA (WITHOUT CREAM) FROM @THEFOODSCOUTMOM (JILL TAN)
- 250g Spaghetti
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 200g bacon or pancetta
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
Makes 2-3 Servings
- Cook the spaghetti in a large pan according to package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water, to be used for pasta sauce later on.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk egg yolks and eggs, add Parmesan cheese and season with salt & pepper.
- In another pan, cook bacon or pancetta until you achieve its crispy texture.
- Toss the cooked spaghetti to your pan with cooked bacon. Add the egg mixture and reserved pasta water. Mix well together for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve immediately with Parmesan cheese grating on top.
- GRILLED SHRIMP AND SOBA FROM @MANILAEATUP
|For the marinade:
||For the sauce:
- Mix all marinade ingredients in a bowl and marinate the shrimp for 30 minutes. Best to store in the fridge.
- Cook dried soba noodles per package instructions. Soak in cold water after to stop the cooking process.
- Grill the shrimp. About 3 minutes on each side.
- Mix all sauce ingredients in a bowl and pour it sparingly over the noodles until enough to coat them.
- Place the grilled shrimp on top of the noodles.
- Dig in.
- STEAK KIMCHIRITO (KIMCHI BURRITO) FROM @MYRONEPO
- ¼ cup chopped kimchi
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 & 1/2 cup cooked rice
- 2 pcs flour tortilla
- Some leftover steak cut into strips
- Salt and pepper
- Aluminum foil or parchment paper
- In a wok or pan, heat up 2 tbsp oil and sauté the chopped kimchi
- Add in the rice and mix it well. Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Assemble the burrito by putting half of the kimchi rice in the center of one tortilla then top it with half of the sliced steak
- Roll it up into a burrito and cover tightly with aluminum foil or parchment paper
- Do it again with the other flour tortilla and the other half of the rice and steak
- Slice it in the middle with a sharp knife and enjoy your Steak Kimchirito!
There you have it! Thank you so much to our foodie friends for sharing their delicious creations. Leave a comment on the first recipe you want to try and make sure to tag them on your cooking posts! Stay safe and healthy, everyone!